Multi-modal cargo transportation is carried out via various vehicles within one transportation process. At the same time, various combinations of road, rail, air and marine transportation are possible.
The main stages of multimodal transportation are:
- Transportation from a consignor’s warehouse to an airport, a port or a railroad station.
- The main transportation.
- Cargo transportation from an airport (port, a railway station) to the receiver.
When choosing and designing an appropriate algorithm of freight traffic it is necessary to take into account many factors: the type of the conveyed goods, the arrangement of destination and departure points, the urgency of delivery, the characteristics of all the modes of transport etc.
Multimodal transportation features:
- A single moderator who is responsible for the cargo and its delivery, the coordination of cargo transportation along the entire route;
- A single transport agreement regardless of the number, the type of involved modes of transportation as well as the number of traffic terminal;
- A through rate along the entire route.
The advantages of multimodal transportation:
- A maximum use of different modes of transportation and their combinations.
- A selection of appropriate modes of transportation considering cargo characteristics and client’s terms.
- A possibility to deliver cargo almost anywhere in the world.
- Reduced transportation time.
- A significant reducing of the operation costs.
The company staff will find for you the most appropriate transportation method considering all your wishes!